Altyor has chosen to build its partnership with Covade as part of a strategy to surround itself with experts in each specialty. This is certainly the case for Covade, a specialist in software development and Linux.
What is Covade?
Covade’s mission is simple: to offer embedded software solutions tailored to each of its customers. The company, an expert in this field, develops these solutions using Agile methodology, in particular under Linux, taking care of all of its customers’ needs.
Based in Le Mans, Covade is an expert electronic and computer design house specializing in embedded systems and communicating objects. Covade also offers specific training for the implementation of embedded OS such as real-time Linux and the development of applications using the Qt Framework.
What is Linux?
Linux is an operating system, just like Windows or Mac OS. The role of the operating system is to communicate between the machine and the programs. Linux is known for its security (very low rate of infection by viruses, Trojan horses, etc.) and its more frequent updates than Windows. Linux is also a free and open source operating system, unlike Windows which is paid and proprietary. Here are some other advantages of Linux:
– As its source code is free, it will always be available, so there is no risk of interruption in case of development abandonment or other issue. Moreover, since the code is not secret, it is easier to seek assistance or a developer.
– The architecture is powerful, robust and secure
– No forced upgrades and free upgrades
– Highly flexible configuration
– Linux is faster owing to increased optimization of its source code
– Linux and open source software meet high ethical standards